Friday, October 5, 2012

I have had an Epiphany

I must make a confession: My other half and I are Youtube addicts, but not for the stupid dog riding skateboards, but for intelligent conversations like AronRa, The Living Dinosaur, and all of their friends. Yes, they are all atheists, but they are SANE. They believe in science, in morality and in, well life.
 (the Living Dinosaur is NOT work safe)
Having said that, while watching The Living Dinosaur- my other half and I got into a conversation and google got invovlved and I found this: Secular Humanism.  And I like this, it makes sense with me.

And THIS Amsterdam Declaration.  It makes so much sense it hurts my brain as to WHY is this not more widely accepted, and not argued. Because it is argued, a lot. A LOT. So much for that it makes my last rant on editing look like I was walking through the park.

I never really thought about it before, that as a race, as a people -- all of humanity is what I am talking about-- would be living on Mars, or at the bottom of the ocean, if we could all stop arguing about these kinds of stupid things.

Stupid things, like Evolution vs. Creationism. Ahem.

Now, I am NOT out to bash regions.  I believe in equality and your right to believe anything you want, and I do truly believe that faith works, and works well for some people.  Some of our top scientists have faith in their own religions. But these people THINK.

Here are a few people who don't think- Just so you know what I am talking about--

Ian Juby (please please watch this video- it is painful, and proves my point almost perfectly)
(if you want more examples like these, please comment and ask.  I will give them, or if you have questions why I think that these people DON'T think, just ask.)
Ray Comfort
Kent Hovid

And I can keep going, and I probably will- later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment